Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Peter Pilotto for Target Review

I stopped in at my local Target over the long weekend to see if there was anything left of the Peter Pilotto for Target collection (I meant to go the day it hit the shelves, but I forgot, oops). I found a single rack with some of the remaining pieces, and surprisingly most of them were a size XS. I tried on everything in an XS, except for the gray racerback tank that I left on the rack because it didn't do anything for me.

I must say that overall, I wasn't overwhelmed by the quality of the collection, but the prices were pretty stellar. 



Get the Green Floral Print Coverup here for $34.99.

This was the first piece that caught my eye on the hanger. I enjoyed the floral print and the subtle hi-lo hem, and thought it was the perfect amount of sheer for a summer coverup. I also liked the detail at the neck and the open back. I contemplated buying this, but couldn't bring myself to buy a coverup in the middle of winter (although I was tempted to plan a tropical vacation). Overall, I think this is a great coverup option at a really reasonable price.  






Get the Green Floral Print Dress here for $39.99.

This print was clearly a staple in the collection, and I really like it (not sure why it's called green, though- it's blue, black, and yellow). I like the flair detail at the bottom, but there's something about the proportion of this that doesn't feel quite right. Even for a shift dress, the cut was a little large for me, and the length was a bit awkward for the shape. I wasn't a fan. 

















Get the Red Floral Belted Dress here for $44.99.

I actually liked this dress quite a bit more on me than on the hanger. I like the flare in the skirt and the ruffle that seems to be a theme throughout the collection. I also liked the gray/black panels on the sides. My major complaint was that it fit properly in the shoulders, but was gaping through the bust, but I will say that the belt was a nice touch (I might have worn it a bit higher). 


Get the Light Blue Belted Shirtdress here for $34.99.

This was my favorite item in the collection. I contemplated buying this and wearing it with a belt around the waist. Without a belt, it looks too wide at the bottom (it gives me toothpick leg syndrome). I loved the collar detail and the different pattern at the neckline. I will say that in terms of quality, I noticed that the fabric beneath the buttons didn't lay properly, and looked bunchy in places. I really like the pattern and style of this dress, and I can see it being pretty versatile in my wardrobe, so I might end up with it yet. 

Get the Green Netting Print Tee here for $19.99.

This is probably the most wearable item in the collection. I like the print, and that for a t-shirt, it has just enough detail to make it visually interesting while remaining casual. My only complaint was that it bordered on shapeless for me, but I liked the length and the pattern. The hint of green was a nice surprise. If I'd been desperate to leave with a piece of the collection, this would've been it. 




Shop the Black/White Bikini Top here for $22.99.

I also tried this bustier on in a size S (the only size left). I usually wear a small-medium in bathing suit tops from Target, but the cups were gaping and huge in this particular size. I don't even think an XS would have fit properly. Also, the cups were unlined, which would make this difficult to wear in my opinion. It's really pretty, and I wanted to love it, but it just didn't work.



It looks like most of the items are still available online, although I didn't check the size availability. Looking at the website, I realize there are still some pieces I'd like to see in person.


 Shop the Light Blue Floral Sweatshirt here for $29.99.
This sweatshirt has been getting great reviews by customers, and I love the gray-blue color combo.










Get the Light Blue Floral Blouse here for $34.99.

This is my favorite print of the collection, and I could have all the perks of the blue shirtdress without the toothpick leg situation, so this is an option. On the downside, it's the same price as the shirtdress.









Black/White Bikini Crop Top here for $24.99.
This is super fun for summer!
Get the Green Belted Floral dress here for $49.99. 
This looks like it might have a more narrow cut than some of the other dresses, so the lower portion might fit me better.

All in all, I left empty handed. I felt that everything was a little too large for me (Not a surprise, I have a hard time wearing dresses off the rack that aren't petite). I think that the collection really lacked staple pieces, which is something that I look for as a young person on a budget. I will say that if someone is looking for a pop of color to add to their wardrobe, some of these pieces might be right up your alley. Definitely worth checking your local Target!  



No comments:

Post a Comment