Monday, March 3, 2014

DIY Gel Nails in Con-Fuschion


For those of you concerned about the damage gel polish might do to the nail, here's a look at my bare nails after a solid year of wearing gels. 


My nails look as good as they ever did. In fact, they split and break a lot less with gels on because the gel polish acts to thicken the nail and in essence, to provide a protective coating. The nail surface is very smooth and the cuticles look pretty good, if I do say so myself. 


Here are the polishes I used for this particular manicure, in conjunction with my MelodySusie mini LED nail polish dryer (The LED dryer is awesome, it dries each coat in only 45 seconds, versus two minutes using a UV dryer).


I used IBD Just Gel Polish in "Con-Fuschion." I like to use IBD polishes for the color coat, because their polishes are very complex and multi-faceted, whereas the Gelish colors are more opaque and flat. This particular fuchsia has a VERY subtle blue and pink shimmer in bright daylight. 

Here's a look at how they came out: 




The key to a professional looking DIY gel manicure is to keep the polish away from the cuticles. 


 And here's what they look like in bright sunlight (I snapped a pic while walking the dog):


No comments:

Post a Comment