Monday, March 24, 2014

Zara Fitting Room Reviews

I've recently becoming interested in Zara clothing, specifically their jackets. I think the main reason is because the brand caters to smaller people, it's stylish, and I've had luck finding outerwear in my size. I've only recently begun to explore their other clothing. 


 This dress is really pretty. It's a thin fabric, so it's probably meant to be worn in spring, although here in California it could definitely be worn year-round. The print is a funky navy and white. I'm not entirely certain how I'd describe the shape, maybe shift with a hint of flounce. I like that it's feminine and casual. I like the long sleeves and short hem, I think it's kind of refreshing. Unfortunately, at $79.90, I just couldn't justify the purchase. If this was at a lower price point, I definitely would have bought it. 



When I first spotted this dress in the store, I thought it was so pretty. On me, I found it a little creepy. I don't like the fabric- a thick almost scuba type of fabric, and the mesh-over-white design was reminiscent of something you'd find at Hot Topic. I think this actually photographed better than it looked in person. The fact that the flare started so far below the hip was bizarre and unflattering, and the top was ill-fitting. Maybe on the right punk rock chick this would work, but not on me. 
No longer available online, but check out Zara.com for lots of other pretty dresses!

I wasn't sure what to expect with Zara denim, but I was pleasantly surprised. These jeans were super stretchy, but not too jegging-ish. From the front, I thought these looked really nice, a nice medium wash with not too much whiskering. From the back, though, I thought the wash was too light in the butt area, and that made them look a little bit cheap. I wasn't entirely sure these were worth their $50 price tag. 
Get the Low-rise Skinny Jeans here!

 I've been wanting a pair of hunter green jeans, because I love the color. It's almost a neutral, but it's just enough to be a little something different. These were a lot less stretchy than the blue jeans, and I wasn't a fan of the fabric. I was confused with the european sizes, but I guess-timated what size I would be. I think I probably could have gone up a size and maybe these would've looked better, but for $60 dollars I just wasn't interested. 



 Call me crazy, but I really like this dress. It's kind of grunge inspired, like the kind of thing that could be worn with lots of layers. The fabric is kind of an unfinished linen, with a lining underneath. I love the big pockets in the front and the cute little skirt detail that's only in the back. The skirt in the back gives the dress a hint of shape, so it's not like wearing a burlap sack. This look is so European, it reminds me of much of the style I saw while I was in Paris over the summer. I would like to say I own this, but I don't. I just couldn't see it fitting into my existing wardrobe, and I wasn't certain I could take such a big risk (who would have thought a gray frock would be a risky?) 
Get the Combination Chiffon Dress here for $59.90.


 This is one of the slimmest cut blouses I've come across in a while, which was a nice surprise. I liked the cut in the neckline, and the faux-leather trim at the collar and sleeves. I always keep an eye out for cute blouses, but it wasn't at the top of my list, so I passed on this one.
Get the Blouse with Faux Leather Piping here for $49.90.

I stumbled upon this shirt on the sale rack with a $9 price tag. I was drawn to the navy blue stripes and the built-in collar. I typically hate shirts with sleeves that are an awkward length (is it a short sleeve? A long sleeve? What?) but I really saw no reason to pass it up for the price. If it gets a couple of wears, I figure I'll come out ahead. (Note: this shirt isn't abnormally short, it was average length. I was just wearing a tunic over leggings, so my proportions look all weird.)

And my hunt for the perfect utility jacket continues. Bachelor Number 1:


 I love Zara jackets because the cut across the shoulders is tiny (yay for me). This one had all the qualities I was looking for: the hunter green color, the hood, the hidden zipper and the cinch-waist. I didn't care for that weird lace-up detail on the side, I thought it was kind of tacky. The sleeves were nice and narrow, but this one just wasn't the one (when you know, you know). 

 And Bachelor #2: 


 This option was longer, and a more weatherproof material. This one also cinched at the waist, although the waist seemed much lower on this one. The lower pockets were too huge for me, and I could have done without the vertical gold zippers at the top. In all, I think this jacket was at least 6 inches too long. Also the sleeves weren't as narrow on this jacket. So, Bachelor #2 didn't work out, either, but I'm optimistic. 
Neither of these jackets are available online, but the website has a couple of other interesting options, so be sure to stop by and check them out!

I only purchased the navy/black striped shirt, but I was intrigued by a lot of the pieces. I'll definitely check back in when the fall collection debuts. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment