Saturday, March 15, 2014

DSW Shoe Review

DSW is one of my favorite places to shop for shoes. They have a huge variety that changes regularly, prices lower than average, and clearance items on super-sale! They've been my shoe go-to for years!
Also, once you enroll in DSW point rewards, you accrue points for every purchase. For every dollar you spend on regular priced items, you earn 10 points (5 points per dollar spent on clearance items), and you get a $10 reward certificate after earning 1500 points. They also have frequent opportunities to earn 3x points, and all purchases over $35 ship free! Start shopping at DSW now!


This is the Sam Edelman Posey Chain Ankle boot. I don't pay much attention to designer shoes (I'm still recovering from an unfortunate lime green Coach sandal incident), but these caught my eye on clearance. I have too many dark leather boots in my closet, so I've been on a light suede kick lately. We've had a very dry winter, so I haven't had to worry about the elements ruining the suede.   


I really liked the details of these boots: the chain with leather accents, the braided strap, and the wooden heel. It almost reminds me of a cartridge belt. I like the cowboy/gunslinger vibe without being too overtly western. I also liked the almond toe, it was a nice departure from all the rounded toe shoes I currently own. The sticker price was $119.95, but they were on clearance for half off. I had two DSW certificates for $10 each, so I ended up paying $40 for them. 





Here they are at DSW.com for $119.95. Here for $59.99 from Urban Outfitters in a few select sizes and colors. 

A side note: sometimes items on clearance in store will cost more online, or wont be considered clearance online, so it's always better to check your location's clearance section before ordering online.






This is another brand I've recently become interested in. I got a pair of short suede Zigi boots from Nordstrom Rack that I ended up loving. I found they had a nice amount of support and cushion. I've also been looking for a cute pair of accent flats, and these Zigi Soho Smoulder Flats instantly caught my eye. Some studs are silver, and some are gold. For flats, they had a nice amount of support. These were $49.94 on clearance for 50% off. 



Get them from DSW for $39.94 here.

I liked these almost enough to buy them, and thought the value was pretty solid. Ultimately, though, I don't love flats because I'm a person who loves to wear socks, and can't stand having my foot exposed when it's cold out, so I knew these wouldn't get a lot of wear. Also, these were a bit too flesh-colored for my skin-tone. The result was a little eerie. That being said, I recommend them. 




Okay, these Tahari Rhore Flats are ridiculously cute. I've been seeing a lot of this ankle strap trend lately, and I must say, I love it! I like the two-tone aspect quite a bit, and the pointy toe really adds a level of sophistication. These had the feel of being a dressy shoe even though they were flat. 




I was surprised by how comfortable these shoes were. I didn't feel as though my toes were squashed, or that they were painfully flat. Also, I loved that there was no "toe cleavage" (I'm sorry, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and NOT CUTE). The ankle strap will definitely take some getting used to (and will probably require a callous or two), but it actually wasn't too bad. I didn't get these, because they weren't on sale (regular price $69.95 here.), but I've definitely been thinking about them, and if they ever go on sale I'm going to scoop them up. 






This is the first time I've ever seen an item with a yellow tag, which was 80% off. I've seen this particular Steve Madden style on clearance for about six months or so (I can't find it online-sorry), and it came in a tan and turquoise color that was really cute. I was excited to see these at such a discount, and I was ready to purchase... until I tried them on. 





I can only imagine that the 80% discount is because this particular pair of shoes is defective. The toe portion extends well beyond my actual toes, and as you can see, they fit properly in the back, so it's not a matter of size. That, plus the fact that this was the only pair remaining, led me to believe these were probably just a fluke. Maybe someone with small feet but very long toes will be able to pull these off without looking funny, and that person will have made out like a bandit!

In all, it was a good trip. I've been very happy with my Sam Edelmans so far, and have a couple of certificates left over to put towards my next purchase. 





1 comment:

  1. DSW is one of my favorite places to shop for shoes. They have a huge variety that changes regularly, prices lower than average, and clearance ... ddswshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete