Thursday, March 13, 2014

Weekly Nordstrom Rack Visit

Last week I paid my weekly visit to Nordstrom Rack. I've heard rumors that they often receive shipments on a daily basis, and I know that at the very least they get new merchandise in weekly, so I like to swing by every week. If I don't, I feel like I might be missing out.




The Kimono trend is really big right now. I've never heard of the West Koi brand before, but it was an interesting item. I personally love the style, and loved the particular print and fringe detail of this kimono, but it was one size fits all. The fringe ended well below the knee. While I know it's intended to be drape-y, I felt that this one was a bit overwhelming. Also, the chiffon-type fabric is pretty, but doesn't add warmth, and I'm always very hesitant to buy pieces that don't have much function. However, I do think that on the right person, with a nice neutral palette, this would be a really lovely piece. Check out these similar kimonos- splurge here and an affordable version here.







I thought this Painted Threads sweater was an interesting floral print, and a nice light fabric very fitting for spring (what are these, cherry blossoms?). I liked the dolman sleeve aspect (tight at the wrist and widening out to the shoulder), and that it was loose-fitting. The price was definitely right, I just found that it wasn't exactly my style (too cheerful!). 





Again, I thought this Lush tank was another cute piece for spring. Although it looks almost white on camera, it was a very subtle pink hue. I liked the rounded neckline, and the pleat details. While I know that this shirt is very inexpensive, it still irks me when items are so wrinkled on the hanger. In this case, I don't think it was a matter of quality, I really think it was just wrinkled from whatever box it came out of. Had someone taken the time to steam this top, I would have been more likely to purchase it. Here is a pretty Lush top that's also on sale.





I'm not familiar with the brand A Gold E, and I'm always skeptical about purchasing denim if I'm unsure of the quality, but after a bit of quick smartphone googling, I learned it's apparently a brand that was around in the 90's and is being revitalized today with a more modern look. I typically prefer a more subtle wash (a more uniform color with less whiskering on the legs) but these jeans had such amazing stretch, I was willing to overlook the fact that I wasn't head over heels about the color. I thought they fit nicely and laid well, and I really love when they look like heavy denim but feel more like a legging. These were on sale for $44, so I snagged them with the intent of mulling them over a little while longer, and possibly returning. I ultimately decided to keep them. Here for $138.







The price, $42, was really low for Citizens of Humanity denim (I found that my Nordstrom Rack has two huge racks dedicated to clearance denim with a ton of designer denim-specifically lots of dark wash Paige and corduroy J Brand- yay). I am looking for white denim, but already have distressed white denim. Also, they were a tad on the large side, so I didn't get them, but the value is really stellar. I heard a rumor that if the white tag looks like the one pictured below, as opposed to the way their tags usually look, it means that the item was previously returned. That would account for the low price. It doesn't bother me if someone returned a pair of jeans if they fit me right. If anything, I'm appreciative that they were returned! 




The next item that caught my eye was this white $50 Steve Madden bag. I think white is perfect for spring, and I've actually never owned a white handbag (yes, I know how impractical a white handbag sounds, but for a good price....?) I thought it was an interesting combination of white with the gold hardware (it wasn't actually hardware, it was a weird flexible gold plastic? but it didn't look too cheap) that was slightly retro (there's something very 80's about the white/gold combo). This was a small bag, but I'm a small person and purses always look monstrous on me. Even though this was a week ago, my location still has this bag in stock as well as the same bag in a gray putty color that I also liked a lot. I want it!

Here's another cute white option!



I also found these on clearance a previous visit. I believe they were William Rast brand, but haven't been able to find them online. I've been on a seemingly endless hunt for a lightish-medium colored denim. These were the first pair that I actually thought might fit the bill. They were a really unique color (I like to call this color the Khloe Kardashian, because she seems to wear a lot of lighter denim like this). My only complaint, aside from the design on the back pockets, was the leg length. I felt they were borderline too short, and that's a huge pet peeve for me. I'd rather have excess fabric at the ankle any day. Also, even though these were on clearance, they were still $64, so I didn't spring for them. The hunt for light denim continues!





Hello, my favorite purchase of late!! These Current/Elliot jeans were reduced to $27! Admittedly they're not a wardrobe staple, because they're tie dye. They're not the type of item you want to splurge on, because you can only wear them so often without people thinking you're joining a commune. But as I've said before, I emptied my closet of a lot of my colored denim, and I find myself staring at stacks of dark blue denim, feeling uninspired, so these were a must have for me. I like the fact that they are still dark, so they don't draw crazy amounts of attention. Also, these are really great quality. I've already worn them twice. 58 % off here!



No comments:

Post a Comment