Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekly Nordstrom Rack Visit

Hi friends. Here's what I scoped out last week at Nordstrom Rack.

This Marc Jacobs Classic Huge Hillier Leather Hobo is gorgeous in this purple shade!


This bag is so, so pretty! The purple is a violet-meets-magenta shade that I love for spring (let's be honest, it's pretty great for any time). I really enjoy the slouchy leather look, and the soft feel. It looks a little bit large on me, but I think it’s a pretty good size for most people, and very roomy. It's priced at $234, a great value considering I saw several smaller Marc Jacobs bags ticketed at the same price. If you’re in the market for a bag this hue, I’d definitely check it out (they also had a nice cognac brown color). Here it is on sale in red for $339. 








This cute Steve Madden backpack that caught my eye. It’s on the small side, which has been a trend of late, but definitely big enough for purse essentials. It's definitely not big enough to hold textbooks or a laptop. I believe it was priced for $50, but it’s still selling for more elsewhere.

Get the Steve Madden Brory Backpack for $88 here.







While I love the idea of a drape-front blouse, this shirt was just prettier on the hanger. The fabric was so thin that I can’t imagine it holding up after too many washes, and the sheerness of the material made the draping in front look more awkward than anything else. I am a fan of Lush tops, I think they’re extremely feminine and often well-made, but this was one piece that I felt looked as inexpensive as it was (then again, how picky can you be about a shirt for $16.97?).

Here's a similar option from Forever 21. Or if you're looking for something more upscale, here's a gorgeous splurge at Neiman Marcus.









This RDI Knit Sweater with back cutouts in gray was another example of something looking better on the hanger. I’m a sucker for a gray granny knit, but I think it was just a little wide and long for me, and not very flattering. However, I did see this on someone in person since then and thought it actually looked really good on, and the back cutouts were a nice detail. They added a little bit of flair that set the sweater apart from every other knit out there. It was $29.99, so worth checking out and seeing if it’s right for you.






I was attracted to this Halogen blouse because of the royal blue color. I typically try to avoid blouses with double-front pockets, because I think they often make the chest look saggy and weird. That wasn’t a huge issue with this particular shirt, but I did think that overall, the shirt was big for me (I tried on a S because they didn’t have any in size XS). I thought it was a decent shirt for $28.97, and a fun color for spring. They also had a hot pink that was fun!







I’ve said before that I love the kimono trend, and the hunt continues this week with this floral Bellatrix number. I like the print of this one a lot, and the wide/long “kimono” sleeves. I guess my only concern was the length. At 5’4, the hem of the kimono fell at the knee, which is on the long side. It’s probably okay since it’s a chiffon type fabric and not some overwhelming, heavy knit weighing me down, but I'm always skeptical about long outwear pieces. 
I’ve found that most kimonos I’ve seen fall into the 30-dollar range (this one was $36.98), and for me, that’s a little bit of a roadblock because I don’t know how much wear I will get from it, and how long the trend will last, so I passed. It is pretty though.


Here's a similar print from Forever 21.





I was intrigued by the neckline of this Bellatrix blouse. The subtle pleats are very pretty, and the partially split back is cool and feminine. What I dislike is the print. I find it very matronly, like grandma’s bathrobe or something (no offense to grandma). The color also washes me out big time. It’s also pretty shapeless, although I could see it working tucked into a skirt (which would defeat the intrigue of the split back). At $32.97, I let this shirt go.
Here's a cute floral blouse option from Forever 21.

All in all, I left empty-handed, but I still consider that a successful trip. I've ascertained that I'm not missing out on any killer deals, and saved myself some money. Thanks for reading friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment